Natural Makeup Tricks
[Natural Makeup Tricks Part 2 here]
Get gorgeous with a simple palette of golds. Try Byzantine Lights by Chanel.
1. Line eyes with a soft brown kohl pencil getting thicker as you reach the outer eye.
2. Line bottom the same way, gradually thinning the line as you reach the inner eye
3. Finish with gold shadow to line the inner eye- this brightens eyes. Coat with mascara.
Simple sophistication for everyday with a thick black liquid liner. I use NYC liquid eyeliner in black.
- Start lining at the inner eye and work your way out (holding lid taut with opposite hand) and gradually make line thicker toward outer eye.
- Finish by lining underneath upper eyelashes by applying liner when looking up (careful not to get any in your eye). I learned this trick from reading an interview with Debra Messing and I swear by it!
- Finish with two coats of mascara and sheer gloss.
Fake a flush with strategically placed blush. For a natural “flushed” look like this try a universally flattering blush like Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour. Women in the U.S. rated this blush #1 on MSNBC last year.
- For a contoured look, apply blush just underneath your cheekbones, starting from the top and working your way down. (Works best if you have only a tinted moisturizer and no base foundation)
- Apply one layer of lengthening mascara. I swear by CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume in black.
- Apply tinted lip balm in a berry hue.
Go ethereal with pearlescent shadows. Try a palette like Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Capri Pure Color.
- Fill bronze shadow lightly in the crease, making sure to fade out before you hit just below the browline.
- Apply pearl shadow with the most shimmer across entire lid area making sure to concentrate in the inner corner of the eye.
- Skip liner, but apply one coat of mascara on only mid and outer lashes. (both top and bottom)
Bring out your natural beauty by keeping it completely subtle with a soft brown shadow. Try MAC Soft Brown.
- Apply soft brown matte shadow all over only the lid area.
- Apply kohl pencil liner in black underneath upper lash line (only).
- Apply two coats of volumizing mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
- Finish with pink lipstain.